Membership & Donation
Press Release & News
Nov 9th, 2017
Austin, TX, USA
Sindhi Association of North American (SANA) expresses deep shock and sorrow over the death of the celebrated son of Sindh, Muhammad Ibrahim Joyo.
Joyo Saaeen was embodiment of Sindh, who spent most of his 102 years of life serving Sindh with complete and abiding devotion. A sage, he was the one who first ignited the fire of Sindhiism in the Sindhi mind and kept it alive through his writings and teachings.
Muhammad Ibrahim Joyo remained a beacon of enlightenment to the Sindhi youth all his life. In his death, Sindh has lost such a distinguished son whose void will take a long time to be filled.
SANA extends deeply felt condolences to Sindh as well as the family of Saaeen Joyo.
Mohammad Ali Mahar
Sindhi Association of North America (SANA)
Sept 30th, 2017
- A.k.a “Past Presidents Committee”. The Grievance Committee shall be headed by Saaeen Aziz Narejo.
- The committee shall comprise of past presidents as its members. The number of committee members will be decided by the committee chair.
- The Committee shall receive, review and give an opinion on all the grievances brought forward by any of the active members of the organization.
- The Committee shall review and make recommendations to the Executive Council regarding any question of ethical conduct that may be raised about any of the members of the organization.
- This Committee shall present its reports/findings and recommendations to the Executive Council for action.
i. The Membership Committee shall be chaired by Dr. Hafeez Abbasi.
ii. The committee shall consist of the active members of SANA, the number of which shall be decided by the committee chair.
iii. The committee shall be tasked to approach Sindhis living in North America and increase the membership of SANA
Fund Raising Committee:
- Dr. Aijaz Turk shall chair the Fundraising Committee.
- The committee shall consist of the active members of SANA, the number of which shall be decided by the committee chair.
- The Fund Raising Committee shall raise funds for the purposes of charitable, disaster relief and rehabilitation work and the work in the fields of education, research, health and any other fields and purposes as decided by the Executive Council.
- The committee shall work in close coordination with the President and the General Secretary and any other EC officer(s) assigned the work by the President with the approval of the Executive Council.
The chairpersons for the committees are requested to forward the names of respective committee members to EC as soon as possible.